Have you ever wondered… are microwaves safe? But how could there be any dangers? If there were, the gover
nment would have taken microwave ovens off the market, right? Not necessarily…
As the name suggests, “microwave ovens” use microwaves. These microwaves are a form of electromagnetic field (EMF). When you use a microwave oven, the microwaves do not stay within the confines of the oven
When a microwave oven is turned on these EMFs permeate into your home… traveling through walls, ceilings, and you. In May 2011 the World Health Organization officially classified this type of EMF exposure as a class 2B possible carcinogen.
A microwave ovens’ cables and motor also give off high magnetic fields, often over 10 milligauss. Exposures of just 4 milligauss have been firmly linked to leukemia. These magnetic fields have also been categorized as carcinogenic.
Research on microwave ovens reveals the following…
- Microwaving prepared meats to ensure sanitary ingestion was found to provoke the formation of
d-Nitrosodienthanolamines, a well-known carcinogen.
- Microwaving milk and cereal grains was found to convert some of their amino acids into carcinogenic substances.
- Microwaving food increases cholesterol levels. It was also found to decrease red and white blood cell counts while decreasing hemoglobin and producing radiolytic compounds.
- Thawing frozen fruits was found to convert their glucoside and galactoside containing fractions into carcinogens.
- Even very short exposure of raw, cooked, or frozen vegetables to microwaves was found to convert their plant alkaloids into carcinogens.
- Russian and Japanese studies have shown how food can lose nearly 60% to 90% of its food value when cooked or heated in a microwave oven.
- Food cooked in a microwave oven with a little water can lose up to 97% of its beneficial antioxidants.
- Many people cook food in plastic and paper containers in microwaves which can cause carcinogenic toxins to leach out of this packaging into your food.